Foresight rated 5 stars across the board in PRI assessment
The Principles for Responsible Investment (“PRI”) is the world’s leading proponent of responsible investment. The PRI works to achieve a sustainable global financial system by encouraging the adoption of six Principles and collaboration on their implementation, by fostering good governance, integrity and accountability and by addressing obstacles to a sustainable financial system that lie within market practices, structures and regulation.
As a signatory to the PRI since 2013, Foresight is required to submit an annual assessment that grades the business’ performance. Therefore, all investment activities must factor in, and remain true to, the following six principles:
- Foresight will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes
- Foresight will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into its ownership policies and practices
- Foresight will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which it invests
- Foresight will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry
- Foresight will work together to enhance its effectiveness in implementing the Principles
- Foresight will each report on its activities and progress towards implementing the Principle
We are pleased to announce we have retained top marks across the business, most notably the progress achieved by Foresight Capital Management (FCM). Since the 2021 Assessment, Foresight Capital Management has focused on expanding its stewardship activities. This has led to the publishing of FCM’s Stewardship Framework, and the incorporation of both a voting and engagement software to transparently review, collate, and disclose the processes followed to ensure that capital is allocated to areas that create sustainable long-term value for shareholders. Looking ahead, FCM is continuing to expand its stewardship activities and will be providing more detail on them when it releases its inaugural 2024 Stewardship Report later this year. We are very pleased to see that these efforts have been recognised with a five star score – a meaningful improvement from the 2021 Assessment Report.
Nick Scullion, Partner and Head of Foresight Capital Management, comments: "We are very pleased to see a meaningful scoring improvement from our 2021 Assessment Report - this was led by a specific focus on expanding the scale and reach of our stewardship activities."
You can read our Transparency Report here.
For more information, please contact our sustainability team: